Saturday, April 17, 2010


So I spent the last 4 days getting trained on skincare and make up. I have to admit I learned much more than I thought I would. I'll try to post occasional tips. Today I actually had the day off, which is unusual since it is the weekend. I got a chance to relax and shop a bit. ;]

I just watched "Paper Heart" because I am secretly obsessed with Michael Cera. The documentary wasn't that great, I should have stuck to "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" which is an amazing movie. I absolutely love his awkwardness and the fact that he has such a nerdy look.


I learned a lot about the importance of sunscreen this week. I thought I had it all figured out but turns out that there is a lot more information out there than I assumed. We covered the two different types of sunscreen (physical and chemical).

Chemical sunscreens should be the first thing applied to the skin. They also take about 30 minutes to get absorbed into the skin, so make sure that you apply 30 minutes prior to sun exposure.

Physical suncreens can be put on top of make up on skincare. This type of sunscreen starts working right after it is applied.
The most important thing is to reapply every 2 hours. Physical suncreens make this easy. Make sure to use about a tablespoon amount for the face and a shotglass for the body. SPF does not stack up, so please don't think that if you use a foundation and a moisturizer with SPF 15 in each, you're getting SPF 30.

This is my favorite physical sunscreen. It's perfect for those touch ups every two hours. This powder will also set your make up and get rid of any shine.


Bare Minerals Mineral Veil SPF 25 [$19]- Available at Sephora


Here is my favorite sunscreen. It's very thin and it can be used on the face and body. It's great for dry skin. (This is both a physical and chemical sunscreen <3>


Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 60 [$39]-Available at Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment