Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I feel like by the end of February everyone needs a little something extra to feel better. By now I've settled into the spring semester, hence the excitement of starting a new chapter is gone, and I cannot wait for warmer weather. Since I realized that I can't count on better weather, I figured I'd try a different approach and I think my skin really appreciates it haha.

The first thing I invested in was the Korres body butter ($29 at Sephora). My skin has been soooo dry and I love this body butter because it's very moisturizing, without feeling greasy. I chose the melon scented one because it came with a free body wash & it once again reminds me of summer.

Next I realized that I can't live another day looking super pale, especially with this brown hair. It was time to invest in a self tanner. There are a lot of good ones out there. I'm looking to try some new ones but from the few that I've been using I'd have to say my favorites are the Tan Towels and the Lancome Flash Bronzer. Both gave me just enough color without getting blotchy. 

Tan towels are great because they come in half or full body applications and since they're in the form of a wipe, they are easy to apply.The Lancome Flash Bronzer is a great choice for a night out because it does have a little bit of shimmer, plus it gives instant color. 



Before using a self tanner, I'd recommend exfoliating and moisturizing the skin. It will help it go on better as well as last longer.

After going through my usual skincare routine, I knew it was time to find a good foundation. I usually use the Temptu or Tarte, which I love but I don't have time during most mornings to apply more than one complexion product and I was actually able to find one that would be easy and quick to apply, while giving me the same coverage.
Avon Smooth Minerals Foundation has to be one of my favorite products.  On top of all that, it leaves your skin with a really nice, natural glow. Others must have noticed too, because I got lots of compliments while I used it last week. The best part? The price. It's only about $11 and lasts for a descent amount of time. In my opinion, it's better than Bare Minerals.

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment